Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hiatus

I just got back from a week long trip to visit my sister, brother-in-law and nephew in the UK, that is without a computer or internet access. That's my excuse, not the typical laziness problem. Apparently I missed out on a boat-load of news in the world of sports. Here's a little recap of what I missed/you should have seen in the past week and my reaction...

•Michael Vick signs with the Philadelphia Eagles: Donvan didn't seems too thrilled about this transaction, but he said he knew it was going to happen in a recent press conference. In my opinion let's just leave the guy alone and let him play football. His incident was off not football-related he served his punishment (for the most part) and now he's ready to get on the field, get off his back. Well he's not going to be seeing much playing time...unless it's lined up in receiver slot. Could be interesting.

•Tiger's gone timid: I really despise superstar athletes and Tiger is no exception here, he's childish, he complains and he's hotheaded. Tiger was in the lead at the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational after three rounds, then shits the bed and ends up losing to some Japanse guy Y.E. Yang. Good, great, grand, wonderful.

•Stephen Strasburg is finally a National: That does it, I've lost all faith in the Washington Nationals. They folded like a fat guy in a lawn chair under the pressure of Scott Boras and have set a record for a rookie contract. $15.1 mill guaranteed over 4 years, absurd. Don't get me wrong I think this will be great for the franchise hopefully bringing them out of the dumps and the kid is something special. But the kid has never faced a major league hitter, let's just see what happens in his minors stint.

•Brett Favre is going to Minnesota: Whoopee. WCCO-TV of Minnesota reports he's on a plane now to St. Paul, so he can miss more of preseason and all of training camp, the bum. Couldn't care less.

•Usain Bolt breaks World Record: OK, I might have to rescind my prior hatred for superstar athletes because I absolutely love this kid and love to watch him run (in the completely heterosexual manner). Bolt ran the 100 in 9.58 seconds and just spanked the rest of the field, link to video. Maybe it's because he dominated in Bejing and had enough time to slap his chest before crossing the finish line. If you don't remember this cost him the record, he claims, "People have said to me 9.60 but I can't really comment. I wasn't worried about the world record. I didn't know it was a record until I finished my victory lap. My one aim was to be Olympic champion." Nuff said, he's the man, let's just pray he's clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment