Wednesday, November 4, 2009

It's finally over




I doubted this happening within the first decade of the Girardi era, but lo and behold I am wrong yet again. The Yankees pulled it out, with dazzling pitching and clutch offense. Looks like Macy's has a lot of t-shirts to donate to a third-world country and hopefully Phillies fans won't be burning down any of the downtown stores, with this blunder. As much as it pains me to say, it was a great season for the Yankees a hell of a way to kick off the inaugural season for the new stadium. If I were to guess I had to give the World Series MVP to Hideki Matsui, who was a beast in this series and especially in this game with 6 RBIs. The thing is nobody stood out like they did on the Phillies I and the rest of the baseball watching world can easily say if the Phillies won the series then Chase Utley would be the MVP hands down. But for now, it's just an educated guess.

You may wondering why did I not make a prediction for this game? Honestly, it was painful enough for me to watch this series let alone put in my input. So, for the greater good of my adoring fans and the rest of the world I kept my thoughts to myself. Let's hope Jon Sterling passed out after making the final call of the Yankees season.

*UPDATE: Hideki Matsui did win MVP...booyah*

No comments:

Post a Comment